[Rt4-whois] Proposed Voting Agreement for Whois RT

Wilfried Woeber, UniVie/ACOnet Woeber at CC.UniVie.ac.at
Tue Nov 9 22:01:17 UTC 2010

lynn at goodsecurityconsulting.com wrote:

> Dear All,
> Sending this message in advance of our conference call tomorrow.
> Bill Smith, Sharon Lemon and I took the action item on our last call to
> propose a voting agreement for the group.
[...]
> 6) Each RT member may designate an alternate to attend meetings either
> remotely or in person.
> However, the alternate will not have voting privileges, with the
> exception of the ICANN CEO alternate.
[...]

I am not aware of an agreeement to allow alternate persons to attend
meetings?

Actually, I think this would be a pretty bad idea to begin with, because
we have been mandated *personally* to participate in the RT. Our names,
affiliations and SoIs have been published. We are expected to sign and
abide by CoI provisions and the like. Allowing us, with the exception
of the CEO of ICANN (which I consider an internal decision), to introduce
other individuals imho invalidates this documented (and open) process.

I may have missed stuff by not being able to keep hooked in during the
duration of the previous meeting, but I am a bit worried that we may get
out of sync with the lack of meeting minutes being available for the moment.

My feeling is that we are trying to get things nailed down in a sort of
chaotic fashion right now.

Regards,
Wilfried.