[Rt4-whois] next Conference Call - Doodle poll

Emily Taylor emily.taylor at etlaw.co.uk
Thu Nov 11 18:14:41 UTC 2010

Bill -

Thanks for bringing this point up.  Given that we're all volunteers, it would indeed seem cruel for us also to have to join calls in the middle of the night!

Perhaps we could all fill in this doodle poll on the assumption that you make (ie nothing earlier than 6 am or later than 11pm local time), and if possible ask the staff to keep these timings in mind when scheduling future meetings.

On 11 Nov 2010, at 18:10, Smith, Bill wrote:

> I *really* appreciate the work that the ICANN staff is doing in support of our Review Team.
>
> I’d like to repeat a request I made earlier, that we schedule our calls at reasonable times for all. I believe that is possible given our geographic dispersion. If I’ve done my timezone math correctly, we have a timezone span of some 13-14 hours, using our “home” countries for this calculation.
>
> I’d like to suggest that no call commence before 06:00 for any of us and similarly end before 23:00 for all of us. If we adopt this as a “policy”, I believe we have a 3-4 hour window in which to have calls. The “range” of calls would be early morning on the US West Coast, early afternoon in London, and evening in Pakistan.
>
> Why do I bring this up? The current doodle poll is asking that US West Coast members select between 02:00, 03:00, 04:00, 05:00, and 06:00 (local time) as the starting time for our next teleconference. While the 03:00 – 0:500 (US Pacific) times may be more convenient for some, they are especially uncomfortable to others.
>
> Can we agree to the nothing earlier than 06:00 or later than 23:00 for all of us? If not, why not?

telephone: 01865 582 811   mobile: 07540 049 322
emily.taylor at etlaw.co.uk www.etlaw.co.uk