[Rt4-whois] Planning our next steps

Wilfried Woeber, UniVie/ACOnet Woeber at CC.UniVie.ac.at
Fri Nov 12 16:20:14 UTC 2010

Hi Kim, Team!

Kim G. von Arx wrote:

> Hi Emily et al:
>

>>- What is ICANN's policy at the moment?  Would any member of the Team be in a position to do a presentation on this?  Or should we invite someone from the staff to cover this point?
>

> I would suggest a staff member to make that presentation

+1, actually it would be nice if some information for this topic would
already be available (probably only in rough draft format) for the Sunday
get-together.

Alternatively, a set of pointers to relevant information or documents.

> I agree with all of the items listed, but hope that we will have started most of the work already.  My thinking is that our face to face meetings, however, should focus on fine tuning rough brushstroke proposals and advance contentious and problematic areas as well as provide expert presentations to assist us to reach consensus.  I would like to also suggest that we invite someone from the rights-holder constituency to bring their concerns to the table.  With respect to format, I think it would be best if we start all of our face to face meetings with administrative issues first and then dive in to the presentations for half a day and then commence the substantive work for the remaining 1.5 days.

"rights-holder" to be understood as trademark owners?

>>Attendance at San Francisco and other ICANN meetings
>>
>>I would welcome the Team's thoughts on this.  I'd like to propose the following format for all ICANN meetings that time place during our mandate
>>
>>- We all aim to have a 1.5 day Team meeting
>

> I would suggest that we aim for a 2-day team meeting to utilize our face to face time as much as possible.

OK for me.