[Rt4-whois] Agenda ideas for Cartagena

Emily Taylor emily.taylor at etlaw.co.uk
Thu Dec 2 11:38:14 UTC 2010

Hi

I'm aware that many of the Team will be beginning the long journey to Cartagena in the next day or two.  I have a specific question with regard to the Agenda, on which I'd appreciate your views.

Wilfried, during our last call, suggested that we ask for a speaker from ICANN to give us some context on the AoC.  Considering the draft agenda with Kathy, it also seems fair to invite a speaker from the US Government (the other signatory to the AoC) to present their views too.

I understand that both Rod Beckstrom and Larry Strickling (USG) will be in Cartagena, and there is a possibility that they could be available to join us.

My specific question is this:

Given that many of us will be participating remotely, including me, are there any objections to having these speakers join us at a meeting at which we are not all physically present?

Alice is starting her journey tomorrow, and it would be helpful if I could have any urgent objections or other comments in the next 24 hours.

Thanks, and safe travels!

telephone: 01865 582 811   mobile: 07540 049 322
emily.taylor at etlaw.co.uk www.etlaw.co.uk