[Rt4-whois] Teleconference Timing

Wilfried Woeber, UniVie/ACOnet Woeber at CC.UniVie.ac.at
Mon Jan 17 16:14:25 UTC 2011

Thanks, Bill!

I do see the beauty of trying to distribute the pain as evenly as possible,
but I would like to submit the comment that (for me) a recurring slot at
a fixed day+time-combination makes scheduling a lot easier.

Smith, Bill wrote:

> Attached is a table of world timezones with time-of-day for in each locale for every hour of the day. Green rows indicate "our" timezones and yellow columns are my best guess for possible, regular meeting times where none of us is "severely" inconvenienced; no meeting starting before 05:00 or after 00:00.
>
> Using that metric, I've indicated in yellow, three columns for possible, standard meeting times.
>
> There are other possibilities, like shifting meeting times in eight hour increments thereby "spreading the pain". I've used this mechanism in the past to accommodate a different set of timezones with some success, though it does cause everyone to either miss some meetings or require them to participate at less-than-pleasant hours.
>
> I throw this out as food for thought. I'm not wed to any of the options.

Wilfried.