[Rt4-whois] Next week -availability and public comment materials

Emily Taylor emily.taylor at etlaw.co.uk
Sat Feb 19 10:44:58 UTC 2011

Dear all

Just to let you know, I will be off line from Monday afternoon UTC for the rest of the week on holiday and business, and will not have access to e-mails.

I wanted to contribute to the cause of getting our materials out to public comment next week.

As I see it, our situation is:

Scope and roadmap - agreed
Action plan and outreach plan - agreed

Definitions and questions:

Law enforcement - agreed
Producers and maintainers - agreed (I think)

Applicable laws - nearly there.  We are waiting on additional questions to highlight concerns raised on the call by Bill.  Bill is going to put his thoughts to the sub-Team, who will do the drafting.

Consumers and consumer trust - This needs the most work, in my view.  We have a definition of "consumer" which can go out.  Again, Kathy raised some concerns on the call - and we agreed that Kathy will put her concerns in writing, and the sub-team will formulate some questions for public comment on that basis. We also need to think about how to capture the ideas on consumer trust.  I have a suggestion, which I'd be glad to work on this weekend.  That is, we develop a qualitative-type question set based on section two of the paper.  The aim would be to capture views on what is important in promoting consumer trust.

The other area that we have not addressed is the introduction to the public comment.  Kathy and I would be glad to pull something together on this.  I will let Kathy have a first draft this weekend.

Let me know if I missed anything.

Best,

telephone: 01865 582 811   mobile: 07540 049 322
emily.taylor at etlaw.co.uk www.etlaw.co.uk