[Rt4-whois] Call for public comment

Emily Taylor emily.taylor at etlaw.co.uk
Sat Mar 5 10:21:53 UTC 2011

Thanks Alice.  In my experience, this sort of thing often happens when there have been multiple edits, and I ask all members of the team to let us know as soon as possible if this version (which I believe incorporates the latest comments up until Friday evening my time) has the correct definitions.

I do note that there continues to be disagreement on the breadth of the definition of consumer.  Again, please let me know if you are unable to live with the version we are putting out to public comment.  If so, we could put in a sentence above the definitions to say

"The definition of consumer presented here represents a rough consensus at this time. However, we ask the public to note that members of the Review Team have different perspectives on this definition, and in particular how broad or narrow it should be.  We ask for public feedback on this point (see question below)"

I hope this will satisfy and respect the differences of view expressed on the list, and provide a way forward for us.

So, to be clear, I am proposing to publish the paper attached as is.  If you would prefer to add this sentence, please let us agree to do so by midnight UTC on Sunday.

On 5 Mar 2011, at 09:39, Alice Jansen wrote:

> Many thanks Emily. I am unsure what happened there and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I will send the attached document to web admin right away and request a prompt update.
> Thanks for your patience,
> Best
> Alice
> Alice Jansen - ICANN
> Sent via Blackberry

76 Temple Road, Oxford OX4 2EZ UK
telephone: 01865 582 811   mobile: 07540 049 322
emily.taylor at etlaw.co.uk www.etlaw.co.uk