[Rt4-whois] Draft slide decks for ASO and SSAC

Lutz Donnerhacke lutz at iks-jena.de
Tue Mar 15 08:55:02 UTC 2011

> For our meetings tomorrow, here are some draft slides.  Please let me
> know if you have any comments.
>
> I'm aware that we don't have a set of slides for the registrars. Any
> suggestions?

Thank you for preparing the slides.

May we add a question to the ccNSO, about sharing their knowledge about
national (data protection) law? They already had lengthy experience with
whois services in their countries, so they should can tell us which data is
allowed to be collected and which data might be published (with restrictions).

For the SSAC, the important question for me is, if whois is neccessary to
the internet stability, which part of the information is relevant, an how
can it verified as well as the service be proteced.

For ASO, I'd like to know, how Ressouce Certificates might be applied to
domain names, and their experience with hierachical thin whois structures.

For ALAC, the following questions arise:
 * Please inform us about civil society acceptance of Whois services
 * Tell us about the privacy laws regarding Whois in your countries
 * Point us about usability problems (i.e. internationalization)
 * How does Whois help the consumer to trust the Internet
We already had an discussion in late January on the Atlarge ML (archived).

For all slides some minor point:
 - The consultations are on March, 15th.
 - The font on slide two is inconsistent, it's irritating.
   The URL of te whois wiki can bis shortend to ".../whoisreview/".
 - On slide four the subgroup of "producers and maintainers" is missing
 - The last slide four is confusing:
     The consultation with the groups is mixed with the call for comments
     The consultation with the groups is mixed with the community consultation
   I'd propose to copy my version of the last slide (incl. the stable URL).

Thank you for the good work.