[Rt4-whois] Our next call

Emily Taylor emily.taylor at etlaw.co.uk
Tue May 24 12:59:52 UTC 2011

Dear all

Apologies, I will not be available to chair our next call, and will leave it in Kathy's very capable hands.

From my perspective, I would like a limited, action focussed agenda, and suggest:

1. Try to sign off on Issues Paper - if not, schedule another call next Wednesday for this purpose.
2. Agree to write up preliminary sections of report for circulation prior to our Singapore meeting (definitions and policy subteams).
3. Any comments on the law enforcement questionnaire - if not, let's get it out there.
4. Agenda for Singapore - shout if you have any ideas, otherwise, Kathy and I will draft something up for circulation.

I'm making good progress on 1:1 calls, having completed 7 calls and met with Bill in Geneva last week, with 3 more this week.  I'm preparing a list of bullet points (just the issues, not who said what) raised with me in these calls, and will circulate to the team when I've got round the whole team.  One theme that several have mentioned is that they would like us to progress on writing up the Report as soon as possible, and I think that we can accomplish a lot by writing up the definitional work, referencing public comments, and our inventory of policy, within our sub-teams.  So, I'm putting that out there for any feedback.

Thanks, all of you, for your continued commitment to the WHOIS Review Team.

Speak soon,

telephone: 01865 582 811   mobile: 07540 049 322
emily.taylor at etlaw.co.uk www.etlaw.co.uk