[Rt4-whois] Some news from Kathy

Emily Taylor emily.taylor at etlaw.co.uk
Sat Jun 4 09:27:15 UTC 2011

Dear all

A number of you have expressed the wish, both on and off list, that Kathy remain with the Review Team.  Like me, you value her contribution to the team as Vice Chair, her deep knowledge of the ICANN WHOIS history and enjoy working with her.  On an issue as divisive as the WHOIS, it is a challenge to bring together a cohesive team, which is capable of working in cooperation whilst respecting the diversity of views.  I believe that we are well on the way to achieving this.

Like me, some of you have expressed confusion about what the process is in this sort of situation.  In order to gain a better understanding, I have today written to the selectors of the Review Team, Rod Beckstrom and Heather Dryden, to ask for clarification in this regard, and also to the Chair of the Registries constituency.  I have requested that the Review Team be allowed to make representations in the event that a replacement is requested.

Of course, we are not in control of the selection, and will respect the wishes of the selectors and the ICANN community.  However, I am sure that you would join me in seeking clarification of the process, and to request some input into it.

telephone: 01865 582 811   mobile: 07540 049 322
emily.taylor at etlaw.co.uk www.etlaw.co.uk