[Rt4-whois] Update on budget request (was Re: WHOIS Review Team meeting slot with the Board in Singapore)

Emily Taylor emily.taylor at etlaw.co.uk
Wed Jun 8 12:54:40 UTC 2011

Dear Peter

Further to your exchange of e-mails with Olof, I have now had the opportunity to discuss with the Review Team our proposal to meet with the Board during the Singapore meeting.  Taking account of your other commitments, the Review Team does not consider it essential to meet face to face with the Board at this point.  We will of course be happy to provide you with an update on our work, and would welcome board members' input into our Issues Paper which we signed off for publication today.

However, one urgent matter which is now hindering our progress is our budget request, which was sent to you on 12 May 2011.  On 13 May, you sent an acknowledgement, but since then we have received no information as to the status of our request, or when it will be handled.  Please would you confirm that our request is on the agenda of the Finance Committee and will be considered at its next meeting, and give an indication of when we should expect to hear the Committee's decision.  Also, should the Finance Committee have any questions or require any clarification, the Review Team will be happy to provide it.

Kind regards

Emily Taylor

PS Please note my correct e-mail address.

On 8 Jun 2011, at 11:10, Olof Nordling wrote:

> Dear Peter,
> Thank you for your mail with constructive suggestions, in which I read a residual possibility for a meeting. Matters have indeed advanced since I wrote the referenced short note to Diane in April, asking for informal advice inter colleagues whether a meeting would be at all possible in view of the presumably full Board agenda in Singapore. If that were the case, a formal request would follow from the WHOIS Review Team Chair to you, as appropriate.
>
> While not yet being at the draft final report stage, the work of the Review Team is currently at an important juncture, with a discussion document for Singapore soon finalized as well as a pending budget request to the Board.
>
> I copy this to the current email address of the WHOIS Review Team Chair to facilitate further direct contacts on the appropriate level.
>
> Very best regards
>
> Olof

76 Temple Road, Oxford OX4 2EZ UK
telephone: 01865 582 811   mobile: 07540 049 322
emily.taylor at etlaw.co.uk www.etlaw.co.uk