[Rt4-whois] WHOIS subteam meeting with the ICANN compliance team.docx

Kathy Kleiman kathy at kathykleiman.com
Wed Aug 17 14:17:36 UTC 2011

Hi Susan,
Thanks for the great summary, and thanks to you, Bill and James, as well
as ICANN Staff, for such a comprehensive in-person meeting. Truly
appreciate your taking the time to have such a fruitful meeting.

I found the recommendations section particularly interesting:

"Recommendations

Bill Smith -- Create a rating system so that it is easy to see what
registrars are compliant but adjust scale for volume.
James -- Standardize WHOIS output, control volume of WHOIS access to
prevent mining
Susan -- Compliance team should meet with registrants and explain how
and what should be reported to them. Discussed hosting a meeting at FB
with local businesses."

Great!  Should we add these recommendations right now to our evaluation
list, or wait for further drafting?  Do you think any other
recommendations will emerge?

Best,
Kathy

Hello All,