[Rt4-whois] [OT] Historic day in Brazil?

Omar Kaminski omar at kaminski.adv.br
Thu Aug 25 04:48:12 UTC 2011

I just arrived from a seminar in Brasilia, at the House of the
Representatives. We discussed (again) the cibercrime bill - considered
too complex and vague. This discussion is taking years, but in the
very same day another bill was proposed, the so called "Marco Civil da
Internet" - to regularize and to propose civil (ciber)rights. We do
understand we first need a bill to generate and to ensure some new
generation rights, not to restrict them or inhibit net neutrality,
innovation, culture and freedom in general.

And tonight in Sao Paulo, Lawrence Lessig, Gilberto Gil and others
talked about free culture, Creative Commons, etc in a free event.

I think (and I hope) a revolution was started and it is growing.

Tired but happy regards,

Omar