[Rt4-whois] SSAC recommendations regarding terminology

Wilfried Woeber, UniVie/ACOnet Woeber at CC.UniVie.ac.at
Tue Sep 27 19:27:05 UTC 2011

Dear Tema Members,

whiole waiting for my flight back home to Europe on Friday, I had the
opportunity to consciously read the various documents, already having
the considerations of the F2F meeting in my (almost empty :-) ) head.

After doing so, I am wondering what the position of the team is wer the
recommendations of the SSAC, specifically to think about adopting their
proposals for terminology.

I think adopting the basic suggestions to clearly specify registration
data, protocol stuff and directory service/display for the end-user
does make a lot of sense.

I am less convinced that the more detailed and specific terminology
suggestions and acronyms would really benefit the readers of our final
report.

Does anyone have a particular pov or guidance?

Cheers,
Wilfried.