[Rt4-whois] Filings of Article 29 Working Party and Data Protection Commissioners

Denise Michel denise.michel at icann.org
Fri Sep 30 18:44:00 UTC 2011

Dear Kathy,

ICANN's records have been reviewed and Staff has found no additional Article
29 correspondence beyond the ones that you and Bill have already shared with
the Team.

"Data protection commissioner" is not a title all governments confer so
Staff has included correspondence on Whois from other government officials
that the Team may find useful.

Please let me know if the Team needs anything further on this.

Regards,
Denise

Letter from Hansjürgen Garstka to Stuart
Lynn<http://www.icann.org/en/correspondence/garstka-to-lynn-15jan03.htm>International
Working Group on Data Protection in Telecommunications15 January 2003Whois
policy

Letter From Jonathan Leibowitz to Paul
Twomey<http://www.icann.org/en/correspondence/leibowitz-to-twomey-09feb05.pdf>
[PDF,
858 KB]Federal Trade Commission9 February 2005Whois Database

Letter from John Fingleton to Vint
Cerf<http://www.icann.org/en/correspondence/fingleton-to-cerf-20jun06.pdf>
[PDF,
51 KB]Office of Fair Trading20 June 2006Proposed change to narrow purpose
definition of publicly available Whois databases

Letter from Michel Parisse to ICANN
<http://www.icann.org/en/correspondence/parisse-to-icann-22jun06.pdf>[PDF,
55 KB]Commission de la Protection de la Privee22 June 2006WHOIS Is Privacy
Issues

Letter from Jennifer Stoddart to Vinton
Cerf<http://www.icann.org/en/correspondence/stoddart-to-cerf-12jul06.pdf>
[PDF,
72 KB]Privacy Commissioner of Canada12 July 2006Whois Issues

Regards,
Denise

Denise Michel
ICANN