[Rt4-whois] A word on proxies

Susan Kawaguchi susank at fb.com
Mon Nov 28 05:42:59 UTC 2011

Hi James,
From the recommendations document of November 21st
Ø  For the avoidance of doubt, the WHOIS Policy should include an affirmative statement that clarifies that a proxy means a relationship in which the registrant is acting on behalf of another.  The WHOIS data is that of the agent and the agent alone obtains all rights and assumes all responsibility for the domain name and its manner of use.

Ø  Remove proxy services from the RAA since the proxy, as an agent, is the registrant. Expand and ? affirmative sentence

We agreed to request that ICANN remove the language from 3.7.7.3 concerning proxy registrations and acknowledge that the registered name holder accept all liability for the domain name.

Hope this helps.

Susan