[Rt4-whois] ACTION REQUIRED: What do I need to do now?

Emily Taylor emily at emilytaylor.eu
Tue Nov 29 20:44:50 UTC 2011

Dear all

Thank you for your dedication over the past few days.  We have got through
a quite amazing amount of work, from major redrafts of substantive
sections, to great consensus building on recommendations, to individual
comments on the report as a whole.  We're not quite at my
"Oscar-acceptance-speech-tears-of-gratitude-and-sincere-thanks-to-the-team-who-I-now-count-as-my-personal-friends"
bit, but we're nearly there.

With the increased pace of new drafts, I would like to set out a plan for
how we get to closure, and release this DRAFT report tomorrow .

- We're going to sign this off now by exception - if you're not commenting
it means you're happy, and are assumed to have read it.

- Remember, it's our draft report, and there will be opportunities to edit
in future, but you should make sure you are comfortable, in particular with
the *exec summary, findings, and recommendations.*

- Open issues we need to close down are:

(1) Definitions of law enf. and applicable laws.  Minor changes requested
by Peter  - are we comfortable, or not?
(2) Where are we on proxies?  - is there some agreed text to go into the
recommendations now (thanks for your work on this Susan, James and others)
(3) How much of the consumer chapter stays in the full report, and how much
goes into an appendix.
(4) Background on WHOIS chapter - does it stay where it is, or does it go
into an appendix?
(5) any final comments on the compliance letter, please?  Alice, please can
you produce a clean copy of this.

*I NEED YOUR FINAL COMMENTS TOMORROW BEFORE 15:00 UTC so that they can be
factored in.*  For the West Coasters, that means today your time.

On publication, I am still aiming to go for it tomorrow, with appendices to
follow a week later.

Alice, - Denise mentioned trying to schedule a couple of webinars, and a
call with the Board to take them through the draft report in early
December.  Please can we try to schedule these.

Thanks for staying with it, all.  Another 24 hours or so, and then we can
all have a large drink/non-alcoholic beverage/tuck into a lot of
post-Thanksgiving cold turkey.

Best wishes to all

*
*

76 Temple Road, Oxford OX4 2EZ UK
t: +44 (0)1865 582 811 • m: +44 (0)7540 049 322
emily at emilytaylor.eu

*www.etlaw.co.uk*

Emily Taylor Consultancy Limited is a company registered in England and
Wales No. 730471. VAT No. 114487713.