[Rt4-whois] Centralized Whois Query system run by ICANN - Scope and concerns

Emily Taylor emily at emilytaylor.eu
Wed Nov 30 16:15:53 UTC 2011

Hi James

Thanks for raising these points.  Can you suggest some language which you
think would work?  Also, Kathy raised a good point about whether this is
limited to thin registries (.com, .net) or all?  I don't think we've ever
discussed this.

On 30 November 2011 16:06, James M. Bladel <jbladel at godaddy.com> wrote:

> I don't oppose this recommendation, but my issue with this is that we are
> once again being too vague in what we're asking.
>
> ICANN:    Who?  Staff?  The Board? The GNSO?  Contracted 3rd party?
>
> Set up:  How?  By launching a PDP?  Sending out an RFP?
>
> Deadline?
>
> Are we confident that this group has considered all of the consequences to
> privacy, security, access, SLAs, etc.?  (Reasons why a PDP can be more
> helpful for things like this...)
>
> Thanks--
>
> J.

*
*

76 Temple Road, Oxford OX4 2EZ UK
t: +44 (0)1865 582 811 • m: +44 (0)7540 049 322
emily at emilytaylor.eu

*www.etlaw.co.uk*

Emily Taylor Consultancy Limited is a company registered in England and
Wales No. 730471. VAT No. 114487713.