[Rt4-whois] Updated Recommendation 14 - Centralized Database

Smith, Bill bill.smith at paypal-inc.com
Wed Nov 30 23:05:53 UTC 2011

This wouldn't solve the proxy problem. It provides a single point of *access* to WHOIS data. What is returned, is whatever resides in "the registry of record". If a privacy or proxy services has been used, they will have inserted some of their own data into that registry. The "grand unified WHOIS service" simply returns that.