[Rt4-whois] No agreement on Lutz's recommendations [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Emily Taylor emily at emilytaylor.eu
Fri Dec 2 08:28:15 UTC 2011

Thank you for these constructive ideas.  Apologies for my mistake on this one. I would like Kathy's view on the proposed wording before any sign offing this as I am aware it is something on which she has previously raised comments.

Peter I think you meant thin registries didn't you?  That would be a more accurate and precise version of what we agreed. This another one where (I think) we are all agreed on a minimum which in my view would represent a real step forward. What there is not consensus on is how far or whether such a look-up could or should be expanded. If is not already clear in the text we should find a way of expressing clearly that our proposal should not necessitate any transfer of databases, escrow or similar. It is simply a single look up point.

Sent from my iPhone