[Rt4-whois] GNSO Council meeting - Whois RT update -Thursday 19 January at 11:00 UTC

Emily Taylor emily at emilytaylor.eu
Tue Jan 17 16:44:21 UTC 2012

Hi all

It is early for our US colleagues. It is also short notice. Thinking
through how to manage a slide deck from a train without losing it or
annoying my fellow travellers is another challenge.

Suggest we keep this slot as a brief chat through without slides. Anyone
who can make it will be welcome. We can schedule a fuller slot either f2f
or webinars as appropriate.

Alice pls would you liaise with Glen to schedule a follow up.
Best

Emily

On Tuesday, 17 January 2012, James M. Bladel <jbladel at godaddy.com> wrote:
> Even earlier since I'm on the west coast (Pacific Standard) this week!
> Sorry, I have to rescind my original "Accept" to Alice's invite.  My
calendar barfed on "Moroccan Standard Time" and thought the call invite was
at noon.  Only upon careful review do I see it is at 3 am.
> Best--
> J.

disappear for about 20 minutes during the journey.  So, if any of you can
make it (I know it's an early hour for our US colleagues), that would be
great.

gnso-secs at icann.org" <gnso-secs at icann.org>

> Dear Emily,
>
> Following on from Stéphane van Gelder’s email, we would welcome you on
the GNSO Council call on Thursday 19 January at 11:00 UTC.
> The update on the Whois review team that  you will be providing has been
placed third on the agenda so will probably be within the first 15 minutes
of the call. However, if you would prefer it at another time, please let us
know. The Council meeting usually lasts for two hours. The full agenda is
added below as well as the relevant urls.

> The dial in numbers for the UK are:
> UNITED KINGDOM      BIRMINGHAM:    44-121-210-9025          0808-238-6029
> UNITED KINGDOM      GLASGOW:       44-141-202-3225          0808-238-6029
> UNITED KINGDOM      LEEDS:         44-113-301-2125          0808-238-6029
> UNITED KINGDOM      LONDON:        44-20-7108-6370          0808-238-6029
> UNITED KINGDOM      MANCHESTER:    44-161-601-1425          0808-238-6029
> Pass code: Council
>
> However if you would prefer the operator to call you just before your
item comes up, please provide us with your telephone number.

> Thank you very much for your willingness to participate.
> We look forward to hearing you.
> Kind regards,
>
> Glen
>
> Item 3: Update Whois Review Team (RT) (10 minutes)
> Recent events like the recent National Telecommunications and Information
Administration (NTIA) letter

http://www.icann.org/en/correspondence/strickling-to-crocker-03jan12-en.pdf
> show that Whois remains very much in the spotlight. It therefore appears
>

> --
>

>    <http://www.etlaw.co.uk/images/stories/etlaw/etclogo250x60.gif>
>

> 76 Temple Road, Oxford OX4 2EZ UK
> t: +44 (0)1865 582 811 • m: +44 (0)7540 049 322
> emily at emilytaylor.eu
>
> www.etlaw.co.uk
>
> Emily Taylor Consultancy Limited is a company registered in England and
Wales No. 7630471. VAT No. 114487713.

*
*

emily at emilytaylor.eu