[Rt4-whois] Questions on Recommendation 17

Smith, Bill bill.smith at paypal-inc.com
Wed Feb 8 18:13:15 UTC 2012

I see nothing in the policy that *requires* rate limiting over port 43. The referenced policy, now part of the RAA, refers to *bulk* access, nothing more, nothing less.

If the contracted parties are relying on this language as a means to justify port 43 rate limiting, they are employing *creative* reading of the language.