[Rt4-whois] Urgent ACTION REQUIRED - DOODLE POLL: Team call with ICANN Staff

Emily Taylor emily at emilytaylor.eu
Mon Feb 13 20:20:17 UTC 2012

Hi all

Thanks for your responses to the doodle poll.  I agree with Susan and
others who have expressed the wish to take this opportunity to talk with
ICANN staff.  I would also like to be on the call but am comfortable for
others in the team to take the opportunity and then follow up.  I think
what Kathy was reacting to was the rather late notice and lack of choice
about potential slots, not questioning the importance of interacting with
staff.

Susan, Bill and James did a great job in the summer, and I will look
forward to hearing how this call went.  I think Susan's idea of a follow-up
call as necessary is a good one.

On 13 February 2012 19:36, Omar Kaminski <omar at kaminski.adv.br> wrote:

> Agree with the momentum if the staff can't be reached again this week.
>
> Omar
>

> 2012/2/13 Susan Kawaguchi <susank at fb.com>:
> > I completely disagree.   It would be preferred if Emily could be on the
> call
> > but it is a rare opportunity to talk directly to the staff and I think we
> > should take this opportunity to do so with as many of the team as
> possible.
> >    Bill, James and I met with the Compiance team in July and reported
> back
> > so we have a precedent here.
> >
> > With the Costa Rica meeting only 4 weeks away I think we need to be
> > available as much as possible.  I realize what a burden that is for you
> and
> > Emily and fully appreciate the time and workload you have both spent on
> the
> > team.
> > I am available for the 2/15 meeting and hoping others can be too.
> >
> > What if we do a preliminary meeting on Wed and then schedule a follow up
> > when you and Emily are available?
> >
> > I do not want to lose our momentum.
> >

> > Susan Kawaguchi
> > Domain Name Manager
> > Facebook Legal Dept.
> >
> > Phone - 650 485-6064
> >

> > From: Kathy Kleiman <kathy at kathykleiman.com>
> > Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 14:19:52 -0500
> > To: <rt4-whois at icann.org>, Denise Michel <denise.michel at icann.org>
> > Subject: Re: [Rt4-whois] Urgent ACTION REQUIRED - DOODLE POLL: Team call
> > with ICANN Staff
> >
> > Hi Denise,
> > I hope all is well, and not as cold in LA as in DC.  I wanted to share
> that
> > I am a little surprised by what is taking place here. I can't imagine
> having
> > a meeting with ICANN Staff, particularly Compliance, without our Team
> chair,
> > and the Compliance lead (both Emily).
> >
> > I think it would be better for you, Emily and I to hold a meeting first,
> and
> > organize the meeting with ICANN staff and the Whois Review Team together.
> >
> > Let's postpone the meeting for 2/15, and if provide us with a list of
> ICANN
> > staff availability, we'll work on rescheduling...
> >
> > Best,
> > Kathy
> > :
> >
> > Dear Team Members,
> >
> > We'd appreciate it if the remaining Team members completed this doodle
> poll
> > today:
> > http://www.doodle.com/pcbnha3isb75p7sd.
> >
> > As I noted, Staff needs clarification from the Team on several critical
> > items as we work through the potential implementation challenges.
> >
> > In particular, Staff has several questions regarding the Data Accuracy
> > Recommendations (including WDRP), and the Data Access Recommendations
> [...]

*
*

76 Temple Road, Oxford OX4 2EZ UK
t: +44 (0)1865 582 811 • m: +44 (0)7540 049 322
emily at emilytaylor.eu

*www.etlaw.co.uk*

Emily Taylor Consultancy Limited is a company registered in England and
Wales No. 7630471. VAT No. 114487713.