[Rt4-whois] Huffington Post article

Smith, Bill bill.smith at paypal-inc.com
Fri Feb 17 16:19:14 UTC 2012

This is one person's opinion.

I happen to like John's writing style but hasten to point out that hyperbole is part of the attraction.

On Feb 16, 2012, at 6:43 AM, Kathy Kleiman wrote:

"I think the criticisms the report makes are devastating. They amount to a more or less complete indictment of ICANN's recent leadership and its current methods of decision-making, by which I really mean non-decision-making."

==>  Following up, did we really mean to sound like we were making a "complete indictment" of ICANN's leadership?:  I hope not. It seems to me that sound be corrected as well.

K:
"Out of a current total of 220 million domain names only 23% are fully accurate. 50 million are OK. 170 million are not. "

Our final report needs to do a better job of dispelling this falsehood.

J.