[Rt4-whois] Today's (tonight's) conference call with ICANN Staff [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Smith, Bill bill.smith at paypal-inc.com
Thu Feb 23 20:21:13 UTC 2012

I thought it was a good, and instructive meeting as well. I agree they were looking for clarification on our recommendations, and that means they had read and discussed them - all good. I also want to acknowledge James' suggestion that all of our recommendations be consensus recommendations. Our ability to stand as a group is quite important and was quietly demonstrated yesterday.

Lastly, looking forward, it will be important for some, or all of us, to remain engaged as our recommendations are debated, accepted, and implemented. That too became clear yesterday.