[Rt4-whois] Strategic Priority

Susan Kawaguchi susank at fb.com
Fri Apr 20 21:40:29 UTC 2012

Hello All,

On Wednesday's call we discussed the aspect of the strategic priority recommendation of creating a board committee that included the CEO.  I drafted the following from the discussion.  Some of the bullet points may be overlapping with others but since they were mentioned I included them.

I think this should be a recommendation that stands on it's own most likely right after the current rec 3.

To insure that WHOIS is a strategic priority the ICANN board should create a committee that includes the CEO.   The committee should be responsible for advancing the strategic priorities required to insure the following:

·      Implementation of recommendations

·      Fulfillment ofdata accuracy objectives

·      Follow up

·      Reporting

·      Ongoing purpose

·      Measurement

·      Overarching goals

·      Oversight of staff
Advancement of the WHOIS strategic priority objectives should be a major factor in staff incentivization programs for ICANN staff participating in the committee, including the CEO.
Let me know your thoughts.
Susan Kawaguchi
Domain Name Manager
Facebook Legal Dept.