[Rt4-whois] Fwd: IDN - a few more changes to bring it up to the readability of the rest of the Summary [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Sarmad Hussain sarmad.hussain at kics.edu.pk
Fri May 4 16:34:33 UTC 2012

I am Ok with the revisions.

Regards,
Sarmad

From: rt4-whois-bounces at icann.org [mailto:rt4-whois-bounces at icann.org] On
Behalf Of Kathy Kleiman
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2012 9:20 PM
To: Emily Taylor
Cc: rt4-whois at icann.org
Subject: Re: [Rt4-whois] Fwd: IDN - a few more changes to bring it up to the
readability of the rest of the Summary [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

I like it, tx Peter and Emily. However, I defer to our lead IDN drafters,
Sarmad and Michael, for final approval.

What I like is that it helps makes the whole issue approachable -- and
hopefully the rest of the Community will spend more time and attention on
this issue in which a core of dedicated people have worked so hard and so
well.

Best,
Kathy

Thank you Peter

I think this is a good synthesis.   One extra element, which is easily
forgotten, is that internationalised WHOIS data isn't just an IDN problem,
but one which has been around ever since Chinese, Arabic and Russian
speakers have been registering domain names.  So, the delay in addressing
this has not just been a year (since introduction of IDN.IDN) or a decade
(IDN.tld), it's even longer than that.

So, I've added some language for this, based on the first paragraph of the
IDN chapter (highlighted below).

On 4 May 2012 08:08, Nettlefold, Peter <Peter.Nettlefold at dbcde.gov.au>