[Rt4-whois] WHOIS Review Team Final Report

Emily Taylor emily at emilytaylor.eu
Fri May 11 09:59:37 UTC 2012

Dear Steve

On behalf of the WHOIS Review Team, mandated under the Affirmation of
Commitments, I have the pleasure to inform you that our final report has
now been completed for publication.

Alice Jansen will provide you with access to the files through Dropbox (as
the file sizes are too big to send through email).

You will observe that, in the light of feedback received from the
community, including our meeting with the Board in Costa Rica, we have made
extensive changes to the presentation of the findings and recommendations.
 I hope this clears up any ambiguities in the previous wording. The thrust
of the findings and recommendations, however, remains largely unchanged.
 On substance, our chapter on Compliance (Chapter 4) is completely
rewritten, and forms the basis for stronger findings and recommendations
than in the previous draft.

I understand that the next stage in the process would be for the Board to
conduct a public comment, but for the WHOIS Review Team this is the end of
our process.

It has been my privilege to serve as Chair to the WHOIS Review Team, and
work with such a strong team of colleagues, now friends, all of whom have
served as volunteers.  They have been immensely generous with their time,
sharing of deep expertise, and most of all a willingness to consider
opposing views, and other perspectives, which was the key to finding
consensus recommendations.

I wish the Board and the ICANN community well in your ongoing WHOIS
deliberations, which I will observe with interest - from a safe distance!

*
*

76 Temple Road, Oxford OX4 2EZ UK
t: +44 (0)1865 582 811 • m: +44 (0)7540 049 322
emily at emilytaylor.eu

*www.etlaw.co.uk*

Emily Taylor Consultancy Limited is a company registered in England and
Wales No. 7630471. VAT No. 114487713.