[RZERC] composition of the RZERC mailing list

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Thu Dec 8 17:20:11 UTC 2016

Apologies for changing to a more meaningful Subject: header. :-)

On 8 Dec 2016, at 14:05, Howard Eland <heland at afilias.info> wrote:

> Other than for support, why would the list deviate from the charter-specific delegation list?  Can it?  If it can, should it?

I think RZERC can or should be able to do pretty much as it pleases, within reason and of course certainly within its scope. Let’s try to be flexible and use common sense to handle whatever situations may come our way. I hope we can avoid a lot of discussion about inventing procedures or defining policy. Peter may well disagree with me about that. He usually does. :-)

IMO we could add and remove guests from the mailing list as RZERC sees fit. Whether we ever do that or not is another matter.

> Certainly no disrespect intended for the individuals - I think these questions hold true for any proposed addition to the list.

+1. Both David and Matt could be very helpful to RZERC's work. I just don’t see the need to add them at this stage. And maybe not in the future when/if we have real work to do either.

> Strictly from the SME standpoint, I don’t think we want to ever add SME’s to the list. If there’s a topic thread they should address, then we can add them to that specific thread on the To: or Cc: line.

I like it Howard. That would be the pragmatic approach and works for me. What do the other RZERC people have to say?