[RZERC] FINAL RZERC Feedback on the Updated Plan for Continuing the Root KSK Rollover

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Wed Aug 1 16:46:33 UTC 2018

> On 1 Aug 2018, at 16:42, Peter Koch <pk at DENIC.DE> wrote:
>
> So, I consent to the text circulated on 31 July, provided the final sentence is removed.

Peter, that sentence was in the final version (modulo Dune’s tweak of a couple of words). You didn’t raise concerns about that when the original draft was circulated. You had the opportunity to discuss it during last month's conf call. You didn’t.

RZERC agreed that text on that call and reached consensus on the final version. That was supported by later confirmations on the list from those who missed the conf call. It’s grossly unreasonable for you to try to push for another change at this stage - long after “last call” ended. It’s also an abuse of process to try to do that.

I object VERY strongly to your objection. I have even stronger objections to making last minute changes to something after RZERC has reached consensus. You raised no issues over that piece of text during the “development” phases of our response. It’s wrong to do so now. That train has already left the station.

The time for materially changing the content of our reply has passed. The final hours of the current “last call” is to fix cosmetic things like typos or to tidy up ambiguities and references.

IMO the agreed text goes to the board as-is.

The main issue here is not the text itself. It’s the last ditch attempt to undo or revise an already agreed consensus. That’s unacceptable. Any organisation will be unable to function properly if that sort of thing is entertained.