[RZERC] rzerc-zone-protection-recommendations

Peter Koch pk at DENIC.DE
Tue Oct 20 18:43:46 UTC 2020

On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 05:43:42PM +0000, Wessels, Duane wrote:

> I'll attach a PDF copy here and the google doc link is:
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qS5uwROfDK8Iab07TfW2QaIA6T4AwqDaJtKYjCOra3A/edit?usp=sharing

thanks, Duane; I've added two comments that I reproduce here for
completeness and archival purposes:

section 2: "Publication as an RFC by the IETF is a prerequisite for adding a ZONEMD record to the root zone"
	    needs a reference; also, is it any IETF RFC or more specifically standards track?

below number 4:
	    in this section or anywhere else in the document we should add text explaining who the affected parties are:
	    operators, end-users, ...; currently the doc is quite tech-heavy and assumes a deeper understanding;
	    it might be a bit ask for decision makers and SOs/ACs to go read the RFC (or even worse, the current internet draft) to get an idea of the impact/scope/audience

Best,
  Peter