[RZERC] RZERC September Teleconference Agenda

Wessels, Duane dwessels at verisign.com
Fri Sep 11 23:12:36 UTC 2020

Dear RZERC,

I've updated the draft document on root zone data protections based on our last discussion.  You can see the proposed changes in the google document.  Here's a summary of the changes:

1. The second paragraph of the Preface has been rewritten and expanded to more clearly say why this work falls within RZERC's scope.

2. Opening sentence of the Background section about "root zone as a critical resource" has been removed.

3. The paragraph that mentioned hyperlocal root and RFC 8806 has been rewritten, with references to those removed.

4. Added a sentence stating that the RZM would calculate the digest and include it in each new published zone.

5. Clarified that recommendations are asking the ICANN board to organize this work.

I look forward to discussing the document with you on Tuesday.

DW