[social-media-wg] CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS - News Clarification on New At-Large Website

Yannis Li yannis at registry.asia
Sun Dec 13 15:29:42 UTC 2015

Glad to help Ariel. Let me know which bunch needed to be tagged.

Thanks
Yannis

On 12 Dec, 2015, at 6:45 am, Ariel Liang <ariel.liang at icann.org> wrote:

(This message is to call for volunteers to help with a specific effort in the At-Large Website Revamp Project. Please read the background below)

Dear Social Media WG,

As many of you may be aware, the At-Large Community website has gone through a revamp process in the past year and its beta version was launched in ICANN 54 Dublin. As one of the main goals of the revamp project is to improve the find-ability of information, news articles and policy advice statements on the new beta site can now be tagged based on their topics and origins. On its news landing page, for example, you can check the filter boxes on the left to narrow the search and quickly find the articles to your interests.

As part of the revamp efforts, all of the legacy news articles and announcements from the old website have been migrated to the new beta site. What we need help now is to tag the legacy content based on a pre-determined taxonomy list, so that historical data like those can also be found easily. To facilitate the process, a spreadsheet that contains links to the articles and selections of tags is developed. We need volunteers to glance through the articles and select appropriate tags to classify those articles.

Take a look at this screencast as to what is expected for this work: https://www.dropbox.com/s/isns6ganqnpgcmv/legacy-news-taxonomy.gif.

If you are interested in assisting this effort, please contact ariel.liang at icann.org. Your time and help is much appreciated!

Best Regards,
Ariel