[Ssr2-coordination] May SSR2 face-to-face meeting

Jennifer Bryce jennifer.bryce at icann.org
Tue Feb 12 18:57:39 UTC 2019

Dear SSR2 leadership team,

During the LA face-to-face meeting, the Review Team discussed meeting in Europe for a 2.5-day face-to-face meeting on 17th-19th May. The leadership team also asked ICANN org to research options for the Review Team to meet in Jamaica during the leadership meeting on 4 February.

Based on cost and other considerations including visa requirements, the ICANN office in Brussels is the most feasible option for the Review Team’s face-to-face meeting. The ICANN meetings team has confirmed that the Brussels office is available 17th-19th May, and has the space to accommodate the SSR2 meeting. The cost for review teams to meet outside of ICANN office locations is estimated to be $6,700 higher per day, to be able to provide the same level of services and technical support that we can provide at ICANN offices. A breakdown of estimated service costs is provided below.

Please confirm that Brussels will be the location for the meeting, so that we may ask the Meetings and Travel teams to begin necessary planning arrangements. If you have specific concerns about the SSR2 meeting at the Brussels office, please advise us of these concerns so that we may address them. Please keep in mind that the Meetings Team asks for 90 days advance notice of requested meetings. This means that the SSR2’s preferred location should be confirmed by Friday 15th February at the latest so that we may finalize the request.

Best,
Jennifer
-----
Considerations for selecting meeting locations should include:

  *   Geographically central for most attendees
  *   Easily accessible and cost effective for international travelers
  *   Are there visa requirements?
  *   Suitable, safe and environmentally conducive for a productive meeting
  *   Economical and cost effective for your budget and attendees
  *   Availability of hotels and meeting venues

Estimated Service Costs

                                Service

Offsite venue

ICANN office

Room rental

$4,000 / day

No charge

Push-to-talk microphones and audio visual

$2,500 / day

$1,000 / day

Remote participation services (presentation laptop, Adobe Connect, stream audio, record audio) and Internet

$1,700 / day

$500 / day

TOTAL:

$8,200 / day