[ssr2-implementation-shepherds] Update on the Board's work: SSR2 Final Report

Jennifer Bryce jennifer.bryce at icann.org
Tue Jun 15 21:59:59 UTC 2021

Sent on behalf of Danko Jevtović and Kaveh Ranjbar,  SSR2 Board Caucus Group

Dear SSR2 Review Team Implementation Shepherds,

We would like to thank each of you for volunteering to serve as an implementation shepherd.

As you may recall, the Board had identified several Board members for the SSR2 Board Caucus Group, to facilitate the interactions between the Board and the SSR2 Review Team and to assist with the substantive analysis of the recommendations in preparation for Board action. The SSR2 Board Caucus Group<https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/board-caucus-membership-2019-06-27-en> is currently comprised of Becky Burr, Ron Da Silva, Lito Ibarra, Merike Käo along with the two of us.  The SSR2 Board Caucus Group would like to engage with you – to discuss the detailed work that the Board has done so far and to get your perspective and context.

In the meantime, we would like to provide an update on the Board’s work since the SSR2 Final Report was published. With 63 SSR2 recommendations to consider, the Board is taking a systematic approach to ensure that there is sufficient time for fulsome analysis and consideration of the relevant significant factors, including the diverse opinions registered through public comment<https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/report-comments-ssr2-final-report-10may21-en.pdf> and other input. At the same time, we must also respect the Bylaws-mandated deadline to take action on the recommendations by 25 July 2021.

The Board is categorizing the recommendations into several groupings, including: (1) recommendations that have a clear path to implementation, have community support, and do not depend on other work; (2) recommendations that require further information to resolve potentially contradictory community views and advice, or have significant dependencies on other work; (3) recommendations that appear to be problematic, but may prove workable with additional information; and (4) recommendations that appear to be unworkable for specific reasons.
The SSR2 Board Caucus Group would like to discuss this approach and get your input on our current thinking.  A member of ICANN org will contact you to coordinate a time for us to meet. We are hopeful that this can happen soon after ICANN71.
We hope that you have a productive ICANN71 and look forward to engaging with you soon.
Best wishes,
--
Jennifer Bryce
Project Manager, Review Support and Accountability

Skype: jennifer.bryce.icann
Email: jennifer.bryce at icann.org