[Ssr2-review] Actions & decisions: 22-24 August face-to-face meeting

Jennifer Bryce jennifer.bryce at icann.org
Tue Aug 28 16:46:22 UTC 2018

Dear SSR2 Review Team members,

I hope you all had a good trip home or onwards from DC. Thanks again for your participation and energy during the three days.

Below and attached are the action items and decisions recorded during the meeting. Please take the time to review and share any questions/comments by 17:00 UTC on Wednesday 29 August.



SSR2 Review Team Face-to-Face Meeting
22 – 24 August 2018, Washington, DC.

A record of the meeting can be found on the wiki here: https://community.icann.org/x/45VEB.

These action items will be recorded and their progress noted here: https://community.icann.org/x/VrnRAw

Day 1 - Wednesday 22 August, 09:00 - 16:30 EST

  *   ACTION ITEM: Staff to send the SSR2 skills matrix<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AldO8HkV4l0ftxOCHph8sk71LlrJhB1nLU6kpvGpFXQ/edit?usp=sharing> the team completed during the pause to the list (COMPLETE)

  *   ACTION ITEM: Phil to update slide regarding expectations of team members to communicate with community based on team’s comments. (COMPLETE)
  *   ACTION ITEM: Kerry-Ann to share communications matrix with the team. (COMPLETE)

  *   ACTION ITEM: Staff to create page on SSR2 wiki to include relevant ICANN org review reports for team to digest easily.
  *   ACTION ITEM: Staff to arrange for CCT and RDS-WHOIS2 review teams to deliver briefings to the SSR2 review team.

Day 2 – Thursday 23 August, 09:00 - 17:00 EST

  *   ACTION ITEM: Staff to circulate the adopted consensus methodology and roles/responsibilities for leadership to the review (COMPLETE)

  *   DECISION REACHED: Team agreed to publish a blog and accompanying photograph after the face-to-face meeting in Washington, DC.
  *   DECISION REACHED: Team agreed to delete phrase in parenthesis “(the elements that are within ICANN’s authoritative scope)” and the word “clearly” from “clearly within ICANN’s scope and remit” from the Terms of Reference document.

  *   ACTION ITEM: Staff to circulate new Terms of Reference template to the list (COMPLETE)

  *   ACTION ITEM: Laurin to apply edits flagged in today’s session to terms of reference draft (COMPLETE)
  *   ACTION ITEM: Staff to fix mailing list mailing archives for subgroups (COMPLETE).

Day 3 – Friday 24 August, 09:00 - 15:30 EST

  *   DECISION REACHED: Team agreed to adopt the leadership roles & requirements as displayed on Slide 10 of Day 3 slides.
  *   DECISION REACHED: Team agreed on the following leadership structure:
     *   Chair - Russ Housley
     *   Vice-Chairs (x3)
        *   Denise Michel
        *   Eric Osterweil
        *   Laurin Weissinger

  *   ACTION ITEM: Staff to send a note to the review team list formally announcing the new leadership (COMPLETE)

  *   ACTION ITEM: Subgroup rapporteurs to send bullet points of key reading materials to display on each subgroup page of the wiki.
  *   DECISION REACHED: Team agreed to send a communique to the Board and SO/AC Chairs after the face-to-face meeting in Washington, DC.

  *   ACTION ITEM: Staff to draft communique for review team leadership review feedback.

  *   ACTION ITEM: Staff to collect outstanding Barcelona availability from team members (COMPLETE)
  *   ACTION ITEM: Staff to arrange for review team members to have editing rights for the wiki (COMPLETE)

  *   DECISION REACHED: Team agreed to send updated Terms of Reference to the Board and SO/AC leaders as an FYI.
  *   ACTION ITEM: Kaveh to clarify if there is any disagreement from the Board on the approach regarding sending Terms of Reference to the Board as an FYI only.
  *   DECISION REACHED: Team agreed to request to meet all-day Sunday 21st October & all-day Wednesday 24th October in Barcelona.
  *   ACTION ITEM: Staff to submit the request for SSR2 to meet during the chosen dates in Barcelona, and clarify what process is with meetings team & SO/AC Chairs for requesting such meetings, including expected timelines for planning purposes.

  *   ACTION ITEM: Staff to issue a doodle poll using the 13:00 - 17:00 UTC - Tuesday - Wednesday – Thursday, for team to complete within 12-hour deadline (COMPLETE)

  *   ACTION ITEM: Staff to check with SSR2 Board Caucus Group that it is comfortable with new template for terms of reference.

  *   ACTION ITEM: Laurin to circulate the updated timeline for inclusion in Terms of Reference (COMPLETE)

  *   ACTION ITEM: Review team members to review the redline Terms of Reference document that Laurin circulated to the list.

  *   ACTION ITEM: Staff to provide update to the review team on Barcelona meeting planning during the review team’s next conference call.

Jennifer Bryce
Senior Reviews Coordinator
Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)

Email: jennifer.bryce at icann.org
Skype: jennifer.bryce.icann
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/ssr2-review/attachments/20180828/5df7a77b/attachment.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Actions_Decisions_SSR2_DCMeeting.docx
Type: application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document
Size: 19762 bytes
Desc: Actions_Decisions_SSR2_DCMeeting.docx
URL: <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/ssr2-review/attachments/20180828/5df7a77b/Actions_Decisions_SSR2_DCMeeting.docx>

More information about the Ssr2-review mailing list