[Ssr2-review] [Ext] Compliance Call
jennifer.bryce at icann.org
Thu Apr 25 15:33:27 UTC 2019
Thanks for this - acknowledging receipt. Also copied the SSR2 list for transparency.
From: "Weissinger, Laurin" <laurin.weissinger at yale.edu>
Date: Thursday, April 25, 2019 at 4:25 PM
To: Jennifer Bryce <jennifer.bryce at icann.org>
Subject: [Ext] Compliance Call
Thank you for facilitating the call with Compliance, which we would like to have by May 3 if possible (that failing, as soon as possible) to provide time for Compliance to follow-up with information prior to our Brussels meeting. The areas of questions / issues we would like to discuss with Compliance are listed below. Considering the number of issues to be addressed, we need at least one hour, preferably 90 mins.
Team members to join: Denise, Kerry-Ann, KC, Norm, Laurin
• Tell us about Compliance’s access to, and use of, WHOIS.
• Tell us about Compliance’s approach with contracted parties that have systemic ‘overwhelming rates of abuse.’
• Tell us about the volume over the last few years of enforcement actions and how Compliance has selected auditing and enforcement targets.
• Describe how issues are flagged, how Compliance proceeds with contracted parties and complainants, and what your main obstacles and challenges are when dealing with violations.
• What parts of the contracted party agreements that Compliance audits and enforces do you think are effective in supporting DNS security, stability and resiliency?
• What part of these contracts do you think hinder Compliance in any way from effectively addressing the levels of abuse involving contracted parties?
Note: this call is meant to be discussion-heavy, not just a question-answer session.
With many thanks and best wishes
More information about the Ssr2-review