[SubPro-IRT] On Predicabilty

Susan Payne susan.payne at comlaude.com
Tue Jul 4 17:52:22 UTC 2023

Hi Lars

Thanks for your proposals regarding the combining of categories in the Predictability Framework.  As Council Liaisons, Anne and I discussed this (although not the specific language you have now shared) and we do not oppose in principle combining categories 4 and 5 (changes and new proposals that have policy implications), if that is what the IRT supports, since the potential options available for both categories, as set out in Annex E, are the same.  For the avoidance of doubt, however, we wanted to flag that although you are correct when you say that the only mechanisms available to develop policy, if required, for these categories would be a PDP or EPDP, there may be other mechanisms suitable for something which has policy implications but does not require policy development. Annex E does envisage that where something is determined not to rise to the level of requiring a change to existing policy or development of new policy it may still be appropriate for the issue to be referred to Council to consider whether another mechanism is suitable, such as a GIP or GGP.
Regards
Susan

Susan Payne
Head of Legal Policy