[SubPro-IRT] [Ext] Re: On Predicabilty

Lars Hoffmann lars.hoffmann at icann.org
Fri Jun 23 11:28:13 UTC 2023

Thank you for the input, Jeff. I suggest we address the substance of your and any other comments that may come in together during our next call.

One suggestion that may be helpful not just to staff but also to fellow IRT members: if additional is provided, like Jeff did below, it would be helpful to point to relevant sections in the Final Report<https://gnso.icann.org/sites/default/files/file/field-file-attach/final-report-newgtld-subsequent-procedures-pdp-02feb21-en.pdf>, so that it is clear to everyone whether it is based on a recommendation, an implementation guidance or other relevant text. In Jeff’s case, I assume he is referring to the process description c. on page 319-320 (Annex E) of the Final Report:

“ICANN org must inform the SPIRT of issues arising in this category and the SPIRT will have the option to collaborate with ICANN org as a solution is developed. The GNSO Council or ICANN Board may also initiate action on an issue they believe to be in this category and request assistance from the SPIRT. Once changes are agreed, changes should be communicated to all impacted (or reasonably foreseeable impacted) parties prior to deployment of the change, and shall be reported on subsequent to their implementation in a change log, or similar.”

Best wishes,
Lars