[SubPro-IRT] Notice regarding SSAC Discussion of NCAP on Wed, 12 June @ 13:45 CAT

Jared Erwin jared.erwin at icann.org
Mon Jun 10 11:17:04 UTC 2024

Dear IRT Members,

As you recall from this morning’s discussion of the gTLD Application Fees, it was mentioned that potential fees related to NCAP are currently placeholders/to be confirmed. I wanted to inform you that the SSAC will be discussing the NCAP at its work session on Wednesday, 12 June 2024, at 13:45 CAT time (see here: https://icann80.sched.com/event/1dr5I/ssac-work-session-6-of-8). This would be a good time for IRT members to hear more about NCAP and ask questions, as appropriate.

Session<ttps://icann80.sched.com/event/1dr5I/ssac-work-session-6-of-8> Details:
This panel discussion will delve into the Name Collision Analysis Project (NCAP) Study 2 and SSAC's advice from SC124: SSAC Advice on Name Collision Analysis. A Q&A session will follow, allowing the community to engage with SSAC members and NCAP Discussion Group Members on the implications of name collisions for DNS security. The SSAC seeks to engage with the community to share in-depth insights on the findings from NCAP Study Two and SAC124, and to foster collaboration on addressing the challenges posed by name collisions.

Thank you,
Jared

--

Jared Erwin