[SubPro-IRT] Request for Detailed Cost Breakdown and Application Fee Rationale

Hickson, Nigel (DSIT) nigel.hickson at dsit.gov.uk
Sun Jun 16 09:40:09 UTC 2024

Good morning

I just wanted to note what a very useful and comprehensive note this was, one I am sure the UK and many in GAC would completely agree with.  I am sure you are correct in noting the potential demand; I recall speaking to several entities in 2012 who had missed the boat for one reason or another.

The fundamental concern of GAC, as expressed in Kigali and as you will see in Communique, is ensuring there are applications from developing countries.  Here the amount of fee is critical; as it is for applications under Application Support Programme (ASP) where only 75% of fee may be covered.  Having money back later is not useful for these applications.

Best

Nigel

Sent from Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>