[Tmch-iag] P3 P5 comments

yswu(吳怡璇) yswu at net-chinese.com.tw
Wed Dec 14 11:31:48 UTC 2011

Dear All:

Apologize for the late submission.

For P3: We support Approach (3). We agree with what is mentioned in the advantages, that is, the Clearinghouse has the contact info and the business relationship with mark holders. We believe that the similar or identical string might be registered by multiple trademark holders and the Clearinghouse would have the information, therefore, we support that it is Clearinghouse’s responsibility to provide the trade mark notices to mark holder.

For P5: We support Approach (2). The registrar performs check will not only benefit the efficiency of the query of the domain, but also avoid any possible conflict or contention between the registrars and the registrants. We suggest that TMCH may build up a system like whois query. The registrar or the registrant can query the domain in the database to see if there are any matches before they register. Or, the TMCH has to request all nics of TLDs must have any registrar that would like to be accredited to have the capability to have the information transmit via EPP with NICs and the TMCH.

Best regards,

Summer Wu

Net-Chinese Co., Ltd.
The ICANN Accredited Registrar in Taiwan
E-mail: foreign at net-chinese.com.tw <mailto:foreign at net-chinese.com.tw>
Tel: +886-2-2531-9696 #712
Fax: +886-2-2531-9522
Website: www.net-chinese.com <http://www.net-chinese.com>