[Tmch-iag] Materials for 16 Dec 11 IAG calls

Tindal Richard richard at donuts.co
Thu Dec 15 01:33:05 UTC 2011

P3.

I think Approach 3 (the TMCH sends the notice) best meets the stated business requirements of existing business relationship and verifiably of transmission.    I think the Registry should advise the TMCH that the domain was registered, and the TMCH should then advise the trademark holder.  I think the least attractive option is Approach 2 (Registrar provides the notice).

P5.

I think Approach 1 (Registry performs the check) best meets the business requirements.   Having the Registry check will simplify implementation and compliance issues (whether the Claims process is realtime or offline).    It's worth noting that the applicable Registry and Registrar will be in communication for the relevant domain regardless of who is responsible for the check.  As such,  I don't believe making the Registry responsible for the check introduces communications inefficiencies.

Look forward to the next group discussion.

Richard Tindal
Donuts Inc.