[Tmch-iag] Hybrid Approach 1 for Trademark Claims Process

Neuman, Jeff Jeff.Neuman at neustar.us
Wed Nov 23 03:17:01 UTC 2011

All,

I just wanted to resubmit the document that was submitted to ICANN on May 15, 2011 on the Trademark Claims Process which in line with the comments from Tom Barrett advocates Approach 1 with registrars displaying the trademark claim notices in certain circumstances.  But is also allows registries to do so at their option.  It also allows registries to display the notices to registrants if something other than a first-come, first-served process is used during the first 60-days (including auction and other mechanisms where registries deal directly with the registrants prior to the registrants selecting their registrar).

We need to recognize that there needs to be flexibility in how we implement this and that there will be a number of different business models that we need to accommodate.

As a reminder, this document was submitted by:

Donuts, Inc.
Encirca
Enom
GoDaddy.com, Inc.
Minds + Machines
Network Solutions, LLC
Neustar, Inc.
Oversee.net
Tucows

Jeffrey J. Neuman
21575 Ridgetop Circle, Sterling, VA 20166
Office: +1.571.434.5772  Mobile: +1.202.549.5079  Fax: +1.703.738.7965 / jeff.neuman at neustar.biz<mailto:jeff.neuman at neustar.biz>  / www.neustar.biz<http://www.neustar.biz/>
The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you have received this e-mail message in error and any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately and delete the original message.