[TSG-Access-RD] Bulk Data, Bulk Query, WhoWas and Charter scope

Jody Kolker jkolker at godaddy.com
Fri Dec 21 13:51:18 UTC 2018

High volume access is an area of concern.  Someone that is eligible to receive data for a particular domain is not automatically eligible to receive data for another domain, and it definitely doesn't make the person eligible to receive data for every domain at a registrar.  How are requests going to be reviewed?  I am not a lawyer, but it appears that manual review of these requests is the only way to protect privacy under the current privacy laws.

Also, I would like discuss how the registrar/registry is going to be notified who is behind the request?  Will the request for data come from ICANN or from the entity that performed the request at ICANN?  As a registrar, I will want to know whois is requesting the data.

Thanks,
Jody Kolker