[TSG-Access-RD] Naming our final report

Steve Crocker steve at shinkuro.com
Fri Apr 19 13:23:20 UTC 2019

Ram, et al,

I was serious when I said there should be some sort of overall ICANN
document system.  In SSAC we made up our own nomenclature, and I think
other groups, e.g. RSSAC, have also invented their own.  However, unlike
SSAC and RSSAC, this technical study group -- lowercase used intentionally
-- has a limited lifetime, so there won't be any continuity.  Where will
this document be located and how will people find it?  These are questions
outside of our purview.  ICANN Org needs to step up at this point and
provide a place for the document.  And, in my view, they have to be
responsible for the numbering scheme.  Is the prefix "TSG" going to be used
by other groups?  It's ok with me if it is, but someone needs to make sure
the next technical study group doesn't decide its first document is also
TSG001.

Steve