[TSG-Access-RD] RDAP Operational Models

Francisco Arias francisco.arias at icann.org
Tue Feb 5 01:19:03 UTC 2019

Hi Scott,

Aren't we missing the authenticators in the models?

--
Francisco

On 2/1/19, 11:18 AM, "TSG-Access-RD on behalf of Hollenbeck, Scott via TSG-Access-RD" <tsg-access-rd-bounces at icann.org on behalf of tsg-access-rd at icann.org> wrote:

    I just uploaded three documents to the Google Drive as part of the effort Andy and I volunteered for to develop background material for our final output. They're named "RDAP Model X", and each document contains a drawing of interactions between players in different operational scenarios. I'm suggesting that we should describe as many of these models as we can identify to better document available options.

    RDAP Model 1: AN ICANN-run proxy service with client identification/authentication responsibilities delegated to identity providers.

    RDAP Model 2: AN ICANN-run proxy service with client identification/authentication responsibilities held within ICANN.

    RDAP Model 3: Direct client-to-registry/registrar services with client identification/authentication responsibilities delegated to identity providers.

    Are there any other models worth capturing? I didn't mention "Direct client-to-registry/registrar services with client identification/authentication responsibilities held by the registries/registrars" because we've already discussed how that model doesn't scale well. It would be worth mentioning in the text only to note that it was discussed and dismissed.

    Scott