[TSG-Access-RD] [Ext] Re: Bulk Data, Bulk Query, WhoWas and Charter scope

Hollenbeck, Scott shollenbeck at verisign.com
Thu Jan 3 12:30:22 UTC 2019

This runs counter to recommendation 11 found in the final report of the WHOIS Policy Review Team, which I described in a message* sent to this list yesterday. Be that as it may, our charter does not include any assumptions about a split operating model. Francisco, is your statement above a suggestion for TSG consideration, or is it a requirement? If it's a requirement, what is it based on? Sorry to continue harping on this, but knowing if it is a suggestion or a requirement will make a huge difference in our discussions over the next several weeks.

Scott

* https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/tsg-access-rd/2019-January/000062.html