[TSG-Access-RD] [Ext] Re: Bulk Data, Bulk Query, WhoWas and Charter scope

Francisco Arias francisco.arias at icann.org
Fri Jan 4 21:41:22 UTC 2019

Thank you, Andy; that is what I meant, i.e., no filtering out public data.

--
Francisco

On 1/4/19, 10:05 AM, "Andrew Newton" <andy at hxr.us> wrote:

    On Fri, Jan 4, 2019 at 12:56 PM Hollenbeck, Scott
    <shollenbeck at verisign.com> wrote:

    > > But I disagree. :)
    > > I client seeking non-public data would use the non-public data query
    > > mechanism and the answer from that should contain both non-public data
    > > and public data. Why would it not?
    >
    > I believe Francisco mentioned that ICANN does not want/intend to provide a public-facing interface for queries that will return public data.

    Why would they filter out the public data from an authenticated query?
    I'm not sure what Francisco said, but perhaps the intent was that they
    do not intend to be a service for unauthenticated queries.

    -andy