[TSG-Access-RD] specifications format, etc...

Francisco Arias francisco.arias at icann.org
Thu Jan 24 21:40:07 UTC 2019

Andy,

For clarity, are we only talking about the format or also to publish it in the IETF?

--
Francisco

On 1/24/19, 12:19 PM, "TSG-Access-RD on behalf of Andy Newton" <tsg-access-rd-bounces at icann.org on behalf of andy at hxr.us> wrote:

    Scott and I had a brief chat today to go over consolidating the requirements,
    and one question came up: what format do we use?

    Given that our final specification output will likely require RDAP extensions,
    which require specification publication for registration with IANA. Not that it
    is required, but we were thinking that we should start the practice of using
    IETF-style specifications.

    The benefits are that it is a style many of us find familiar, and if we ever
    decided to publish these as Information independent submissions to the IETF,
    then there is no need for conversion.

    Do you all have opinions either way on this?

    -andy